The Interim Restructurer
My role in the restructuring process can be summarized as: helping owners, management boards, supervisory boards and investors to chart their course into the future. I have often found it especially rewarding to work on behalf of prominent enterprises and market leaders whose executive management has come under special public scrutiny in connection with various crises. This area is where dialogue and clear decisions relating to the internal and public roles of the executive management and the CRO are helpful. This integrative approach is a core element of my work and role.
The many years I spent as a crisis manager at Siemens have shaped my professional development and the approach I take as an interim manager today. This approach emphasizes quick stabilization, the simultaneous development of a future vision in consultation with all important stakeholders and active communication with all relevant committees. After all, successful restructuring in my view is not a matter of heroic acts on the part of a few, but of the collective vision and action of many partners.
- 25 years of international experience in various finance functions
- 15 years of management experience, including global business responsibility
- 5 years as an independent interim restructurer in various markets around the world
- Extensive experience as a crisis manager integrated in existing management structures – with or without executive responsibility
- Assignments as crisis supervisory board member in subsidiaries and joint ventures
- Experience in the restructuring of global holdings and the integration and separation of business units
- Negotiating partner for settlement talks, severance arrangements and company succession planning
- Close cooperation with restructuring consultants when drafting restructuring concepts